By Megan Olson
Today was our first full day in South Dakota. We started our day together at Wanblee Clinic. The entire medical team successfully completed their medical record training with only a minor hiccup. Beau’s finger prints hadn’t yet been processed. As Brad (IT dude) put it, “They must be digging into your college years!”
Beau, Mike, Julie and Barb hit the ground running and started seeing patients right away. At that point, Carolynn and I met with various people, including the local radio station, where we were able to promote Global Partners and the services we provide. The radio station was not a planned thing. It just so happened that Carolynn called Dakota, who was heading to KILI Radio, who then asked if we would join him on the air!
Other random factoids:
- A bright blue vehicle is a must for anyone traveling in a caravan. (Seriously, you could see the thing from miles away!)
- LPR decorates for Halloween. The first night, we had a pretty Grim dinner guest!
- If you hit a pheasant with a minivan, it will not crack the windshield.
- Stamps and fingernail clippers are difficult to come by.
- Traffic grinds to a halt for dogs eating roadkill at a busy lighted intersection.
- Carolynn doesn’t know what day it is.